Want to join me for a summer vacation? Or as the pandemic made famous – a STAY-CATION – a vacation without leaving home! I love Stay-cations because I don’t need to pack a bag 😂😉
You know how it works: walk away from your office/kitchen, shut off your phone, log off the laptop, and spend at least one hour doing something that gives you joy. Just one hour – take some time away from the routine and do something special that YOU really enjoy.
Need some suggestions?
- Sit in the sunshine in your favorite park.
- Take yourself out to lunch at a new restaurant.
- Visit that local museum or art gallery you have been meaning to get to.
- Treat yourself to a meal with someone you haven’t seen in a long time.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Take a historic walking tour.
- Read a cheesy novel.
- Rent a scooter, Harley, bike, or segway and roam around town.
- Sunbathe (with sunscreen of course!)
- Take a nap in the hammock.
- Drive the scenic route on your way home.
- Play backyard baseball or a pickup game of basketball.
- Go see a movie, IN THE THEATER!
- Treat yourself to a massage.
- Try out a new exercise class.
Don’t wimp out! Make it happen:
- PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAR
- Enlist an accountability buddy to do it with! (You can use me!)
So, will you do it? Will you join me and take a mini-vacation this month? If your answer is YES, I WILL, send me a note and share your mini-vacay. Extra credit for sending me pics!